Monday 10 October 2016

Looking up at the cliffs - A soft pastel painting of a scene from Bamboo island ( Thailand )


The soft pastel painting as below has been inspired by the limestone cliffs at Bamboo island in Thailand. It was almost 11 am and the sun was behind the cliffs. The cliffs facing us were almost in shadow. When I looked up at the cliffs against the bright morning sky, the sight was absolutely amazing. I captured this scene in my camera as well as in my mind. Back then I had taken this decision to paint this scene some day.

I created a thumbnail sketch for this painting in the month of June and referring to it I started this painting last week. This scene was a little challenging because of the perspective involved. However it was a great learning experience. I plan to do some more landscape subjects such as these in near future.

A soft pastel painting of limestone cliffs at Bamboo beach, Thailand by Indian artist Manju Panchal

Looking up at the cliffs
Soft pastel painting on Canson Mi Teintes paper
Size 6" X 8"

A beautiful Quote

"The mission of art is to represent nature, not imitate her." William Morris Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment