Friday 29 April 2016

The snow capped mountains - Soft pastel painting on Canson paper


A soft pastel painting inspired by the majestic mountains as seen at Himachal Pradesh.

When I am painting forest scenes I normally go for the dark toned papers like black and dark 
brown. However since this is a winter scene with cool colours, I wanted to add a little warmth 
so I decided to go with a light orange coloured paper. Canson Mi Teintes comes in many
different colours and each artist makes his/her choice regarding selection of the base 
colour of the painting.

The breathtaking views of the mountain range and the play of light and shadows creating 
dramatic effect on the slopes is a beautiful sight. The tip of the tall trees glow as the morning 
sunlight falls on them. 

A soft pastel painting of the snow capped mountains by Manju Panchal

The snow capped mountains
Soft pastel painting on Canson paper
Size 6" X 8"

I will be submitting this painting in DPW challenge  dated an 16,2016. The challenge
remains open for long so even if I have missed submitting in that week I can always do so later on.

The weekly subject keeps changing and it is fun to paint something different from
your regular subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment