Tuesday 6 February 2018

Water colour study on Vidalon paper by Canson.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

The above quote is truly inspiring. When it comes to water color paintings, it is a struggle. Being one of the most challenging mediums, it is quite intimidating. It is through regular mistakes that one is forced to think of an alternative technique in order to get things right. 

The most important factor that plays a big role in getting the water color painting right is to plan the step by step process in advance and then confidently get down to the paper. It all happens too fast, especially if you are into wet on wet technique.

Today’s watercolour painting is a 4” X 5.5” study on a sample Vidalon paper by Canson. I picked this paper from Art Lounge. Like Moulin du Roy, this paper too is great with wet on wet technique. I have used the cold pressed paper which works good for landscape paintings. Being a small sized work, I wanted to keep the subject simple and so tried out a simple boat with reflections.

Follow my latest works and techniques on INSTAGRAM and if you love my works and they inspire you, share them with your friends.

A small water colour study of boat and reflections on Moulin du Roy water colour paper by Canson.


Boat with reflections
Water colour study on Moulin du Roy paper
Size 4" X 5.5"

Water colour is a great medium and the more you work with it, the addiction increases. Presently I am also working with my soft pastels and am having fun with them but have decided to take out time on a regular basis to keep working with my water colors too. Art in any form appeals to me. 

Thanks to everyone who has been visiting my blog and browsing through my works.

My upcoming art workshop 
Charcoal on toned paper
25th of February, 2018 at Art Station, Four Bungalows 
Mail me for further inquiry at manjupanchal5@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment