Thursday 5 October 2017

Graphite Pencil Portrait on toned paper

"How you draw is a reflection of how you feel about the world. You are not capturing it, you are interpreting it." Juliette Aristides

My today's post is a graphite "Portrait study work" on Strathmore toned paper which I started almost a week back. I am working with graphite medium after a long gap of time. It is interesting to get back to a medium that you have used in the past. Every medium has its own advantages. Pencil is a drawing tool that we all have used as kids when we were growing up. 

I have a miscellaneous collection of pencils but for this particular portrait drawing I decided to use the following three,
  1. Cretacolour 8B graphite pencil ( Purchased from Amazon.in )
  2. Camlin 10B graphite pencil ( Very dark shade )
  3. Staedtler 2B and 4B graphite pencils
I enjoyed working with graphite pencil on Strathmore paper. This paper has a very smooth texture as compared to my usual Canson MT toned paper. However for portrait drawing it seems quite a prefect choice.

Portrait study on Strathmore gray toned paper using graphite pencil

Portrait study work
using graphite pencil
on Strathmore Gray toned paper
Size 5"X 7"

I am working on yet another portrait drawing on Strathmore paper and I shall post it once completed.
My works can also be seen in a gallery format on INSTAGRAM. On instagram, I am getting to meet many different artists and I would love to write a post about them and their works.

If you are into water colour medium then visit the Instagram page of artists Sadhu Aliur and Bijay Biswaal. The water colour works by both these artists are amazing. 

Thanks for visiting my blog and browsing through my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment