Thursday 28 September 2017

Water colour painting on hand made paper

"The beautiful is in the nature, and it is encountered under the most diverse forms of reality. Once it is found it belongs to art, or rather to the artist who discovers it." Gustave Courbet

A quick water colour study of my favorite subject "Seashore" on hand made paper. I picked up this particular paper from "Himalaya Stationery" at Fort, Mumbai. It is a pure white paper, cold pressed and works great for landscape paintings.

Some time back I met an artist who highly recommended "Chitrapat hand made paper" for water colour paintings. At that point of time I was unable to find any information about this paper on the net. However recently while browsing through the net I came across two online sites which are selling these papers. CLICK HERE to see further details.

I may not purchase the Chitrapat paper immediately as I have a big collection of miscellaneous papers and I am already working with each one of them in order to settle down with the one which works best for my kind of techniques.

A water colour painting of a seashore at Langkawi, on hand made paper

Seashore
Water colour painting on hand made paper
Size 6" X 8"

These days I am working out a balance between my "Landscape paintings" and "Portrait drawings". Generally I finish my landscape paintings at one go, however with my portrait drawing I take frequent breaks.

As of now two of my graphite portrait drawings are in progress. After spending a few hours on a portrait, I normally keep it aside so that when I look at it with fresh mind I can clearly see the areas where I need to work on. This always helps. So a portrait takes much longer time to complete.

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and browsing through my artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment