Monday 11 September 2017

Making small changes in an "Old Portrait Artwork"

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough, we must do." Leonardo Da Vinci

While browsing through some of my old artworks, I came across the portrait of a young woman which I had created last year on Canson Mi Teintes paper. It was meant to be a simple study work. I looked at it for a few minutes, analyzing and evaluating it and then got tempted to make a few changes.This happens all the time. You begin to see little faults in older works.

Posted below is the "Portrait" after a little touch up with General white pastel pencil and Camel charcoal pencil.

Portrait drawing on toned paper

Portrait study work
Charcoal and white pastel drawing on Canson MT paper
Size 5" X 7"

I am very fond of Canson MT paper and use it a lot for my soft pastel paintings and portrait artworks. Of late I have started using Strathmore toned paper too. The Strathmore paper has comparatively a smooth surface, nevertheless with a change of pencil I get the effect that I desire.

Thank you for browsing through my artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment