Saturday 26 August 2017

Portrait of a woman in water colour medium

"You don't make art, you find it." Pablo Picasso

The portrait that I am posting today is the one I created some years back. It needed a little touch up. Now that I am back into water colour medium, I am trying to complete my older works.

This painting brings back memories of a time when I was doing a "Series" on "Traditional Woman Portraits" mainly from Kutch, Gujarat and Rajasthan. The face, the look, the colourful attire and the traditional jewelry inspired me a lot.

A water colour portrait of a woman from Kutch, India by Indian artist Manju Panchal

Looking on
Water colour painting on acid free paper
Size 5" X 7"

I have used Winsor and Newton Cotman series of water colours for this painting. Recently I purchased a few tubes of Winsor and Newton Artists series but have not started using it as yet. The tubes are very expensive as compared to Camlin series but the colours are known for its brilliance, transparency and purity of colours, hence I have gone ahead and purchased a few of them.

Thanks a lot for all your support and keep browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment