Tuesday 29 August 2017

"Eye and Nose" Study of a Woman

"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way." Martin Luther King Jr.

I am planning to do a Charcoal portrait drawing of a local Sikkimese woman whom I met I at Thangu, a small cozy village at an altitude of 13,500 ft, and 30 kms away from Lachen, in North Sikkim. We had stopped at Thangu early morning for breakfast before proceeding to Gurudongmar Lake.

There was something about her "Eyes" and the calm expression on her face, which appealed to me a lot. I got talking to her and later requested her permission to photograph her. She obliged and I am so grateful to her for that.

Before proceeding with the "Portrait" which I am planning to do on Canson Mi Teintes paper, I decided to spend some time doing a small "Eye and Nose study". 

"Eye and Nose Study" of a woman by Manju Panchal

Eye and Nose Study
On hand made paper
Size 4" X 6"

I created my first  "Portrait on toned paper" in 2015 . From then on, I have continued working on different toned papers. I purchased a few sheets of hand made paper as above from Paper Mart at Fort but I do not have any information regarding its being acid free. Therefore I use this paper for my "Study works" and for the final work I use CansonMT and Strathmore Toned paper.

If you are into "Portrait drawing", I would love to know about the paper that you use. You can leave the information in the "Comment" section below.

If you wish to browse through my other works, you can visit my INSTAGRAM page. Please share.
Thanks a lot for all your support.

2 comments: