Friday 11 August 2017

Charcoal drawing and sketching workshop on 26th and 27th August, 2017

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live for ever." Gandhi

I take art workshops from time to time. Through my art workshop I get to meet people from different walks of life. People who are looking forward to learn the basics of art and who need a little motivation to get started in this direction.

My today's post is a brief introduction about my upcoming "Charcoal and drawing and sketching workshop" on the 26th and 27th of this month ie August, 2017.

During the workshop I shall be introducing the participants to the different papers and the charcoal tools that I use for my drawings. CLICK HERE to view the images of the different tools as I have posted an article about the same some time back. I provide all the materials so that the participants can judge for themselves and then later buy their preferred choice of materials.

Each participant gets a small sketch book with 4"X 5"cartridge sheets.

Sketch book to create small charcoal works during art workshop

Using the different tools like pencils, willow charcoal etc they go on to create small works.
This way they get accustomed to using the tools.

Using charcoal tools during art workshop at Mumbai, by Manju Panchal

For the upcoming workshop I will be demonstrating landscapes, floral and still life works.
Such as the images below

Demo work during charcoal drawing workshop at Andheri, Mumbai

Charcoal drawing of landscape with mountains

Demo work during charcoal drawing workshop at Andheri, Mumbai

Charcoal drawing of Foggy landscape

The participants will be creating one charcoal drawing sized 6"X 8" on the first day and two different works on the second day. During the course of the drawing sessions the following topics too shall be covered.
  • Drawing from a photograph as a reference
  • Design and composition
  • Significance of tonal values
  • Framing of a charcoal painting
  • Tips and techniques for better drawings
  • Preservation and care ( protection against moisture, sun etc )
When I do the demo's of certain charcoal drawings I share "My technique" which I have developed over a period of time after having created hundreds of drawings. Hence I encourage the participants to use the basic techniques but experiment and explore with new tools and papers which will in turn help them to develop their own style in the long run.

The Charcoal drawing workshop will be for a small group of four to five participants and to register for the same you can call me at 9967169025 ( Mumbai ) or drop me a mail at manjupanchal5@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment