Wednesday 14 December 2016

The man with the turban - Charcoal and white pastel pencil sketching on toned paper

"You never outgrow drawing, It's so fundamental to everything." Debra Groessner

"The man with a turban" is my latest portrait study on Canson Mi Teintes paper. 

Pagri ( Turban ) refers to a headdress worn by men in many different parts of India. Turban is a long piece of cloth which needs to be tied manually on the head. In desert regions it gives constant protection to men from the harsh climatic conditions. It also has many other practical functions such as travellers use it as a pillow, a blanket or a towel. An unravelled turban can also be used as a rope to draw water from a well with a bucket. ( Courtesy: Wikipedia )


Charcoal portrait of a man from Rajasthan, by Manju Panchal

Man with the turban
Charcoal and white pastel pencil sketching on Canson paper
Size 5" X 7"

Apart from painting and sketching on a regular basis, I conduct two days workshop from time to time. Art workshop brings like minded people together. People who are passionate about art but have not had the opportunity to continue their hobby for some or the other reason. During the workshop I share the techniques that I use to create the paintings my way. It is a one on one guidance as the group is always a small one. 

My intention is to teach generously by holding back nothing and to bring joy to others through art. My art is teaching me to live life in the most beautiful way that I could have imagined. 

If you like my works please visit my FACEBOOK page and LIKE and SHARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment