Saturday 10 September 2016

Clouds in the sky - A soft pastel study work


The soft pastel painting as below is a scene that I came across while we were travelling recently to Pune. As an artist, when I am travelling I have this tendency of observing nature all around to look for something strikingly beautiful so that I can use the scene as a subject for my future painting. This scene had some elegant clouds floating in the sky and since I am into "Cloud study" these days it seemed a perfect choice as a subject for my soft pastel painting. 


"Clouds" study work
Soft pastel painting on Canson Mi Teintes paper
Size 4.5" X 6.5"

Art quotes inspire and motivate. It is written by great artists and it speaks about their thoughts and experiences in life. As an artist I feel the connection and these quotes speak exactly what you have in mind. 

"If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint." Edward Hopper

Painting and blogging continuously can get a little saturated at times and there are days when I don't know what to do next. On such "Undecided"days I take to reading. I read a lot, be it books or art related subjects on the net. Browsing through meaningful and inspiring quotes revives me instantly and I am back into my "Planning and executing" mode working on my next project. The whole cycle of drawing, sketching and painting resumes once again.

Thanks for browsing through my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment