Tuesday 23 August 2016

Study sketches using willow charcoal and charcoal powder

Creating small study sketches using charcoal medium


My "Two days charcoal workshop" is coming up this weekend and therefore I decided to do a few study works in charcoal medium. The last time I created a few of them I felt the need to introduce the very dark black tone, which is not easily possible with willow charcoal and charcoal pencil. Therefore in my present sketches I have combined both the willow charcoal and black charcoal powder to get the desired effect. ( Easily available in most of the stationery stores ).

All the sketches below have been created on ordinary white cartridge sheet. These sketches are a bit of speedy works done in a very loose manner. The sole aim of doing these kind of sketches is to get an understanding of new techniques that can be applied in future for improvising on the art work. This time I decided to add a waterfall scene too along with some forest scenes. All the images below are from places that I have visited in the past. 

Charcoal study work of a scene from Karnala Bird Sanctuary by Manju Panchal

A scene from Karnala Bird Sanctuary

Charcoal study work of a scene from Mahableshwar by Manju Panchal

A tourist point at Mahableshwar

A charcoal study work of Abbey waterfalls from Karnataka by Manju Panchal

The Abbey waterfalls

I am posting the image of the small bottle which contains charcoal powder in it. I purchased it from ART STATION, a stationery shop close to my residence. The powder is fairly good and I use a piece of old cloth as blender to apply it on the paper. 

Charcoal powder used for creating charcoal sketches by Manju Panchal

Charcoal powder ( Used for creating charcoal sketches )

Quotations by artists inspire me a lot to continue my journey of art. When I come across an interesting one I post it on my blog. The one below is from MAKING A MARK, an interesting art blog.

"I desperately needed something to hold on to, so I held onto my pencil." Joann Sfar

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this post. Thank you so much for sharing this superb blog, this is really helped me a lot. As well as I referred teeth whitening charcoal powder, and I hope it will also help more to all.

    ReplyDelete