Wednesday 29 June 2016

The crystal clear waters of Phuket and Phi Phi Leh - Few photographs


"To me photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an
ordinary place. I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with
the way you see them." Elliott Erwett

When I am travelling, it is not always possible to create a sketch or a painting on the spot. So
I have to rely a lot on the photographs that I capture. I try to focus on the scenes which I feel
can help me create some beautiful paintings of the pristine nature around me.  

Later when I am at home and if the photograph is not up to my satisfaction, I edit it a bit
removing a few elements, adjusting the horizon etc. I love photography but it is a big field in
itself and I am still learning. I use a digital camera as well as a new Canon 7D. Manual
photography is new to me and quite challenging, therefore as and when I get time I refer to
Photography manuals to get a better understanding of it.
Posting a few photographs as taken by me while we were on our recent tour to Phuket,
Phi Phi Leh and other islands closeby. The crystal clear water, its ever changing colours,
is all so captivating.

Photograph of rocks submerged in water at Bamboo island, by Manju Panchal

At Bamboo island 
The calm waters and the submerged rocks.


Photograph of rocks submerged in water at Rawai beach ( Phuket ) , by Manju Panchal

At Rawai beach at Phuket
The sparkling still waters


Photograph of seascape at Bamboo island ( Thailand ) , by Manju Panchal

At Bamboo island


Photograph of limestone cliffs at Phi Phi Leh by Manju Panchal

Around Phi Phi Leh
The colour of the water reflecting back at the rocks above.

I have started new works using the soft pastel medium and they are in progress. Will post them as 
soon as I complete them. In the meantime I have also started uploading a few of my works
on Deviant art as it will allow some of my paintings to be seen together in a Gallery format which
is not possible on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment