Monday 25 January 2016

The snow capped mountains

" I put my heart and soul into my work, and I have lost my mind in the process." 
 Vincent Van Gogh

Created four more study works in water colour medium using my photographs from Himachal.
I have also used a few photographs from Leh Ladakh trip which were provided to me by a close
friend of mine. 

Most of the paintings as below are done with very limited colours. Since a major part of the 
landscape is covered with snow, the other colours that I use are ultramarine blue, crimson, 
burnt sienna, sap green, raw sienna and sometimes Indian red.

I keep creating these small works and then when I want to create a larger work then along with
the photograph I use these water colour sketches. After completing each one of them, I write a
few notes under each of these paintings, as a reminder to myself regarding some new colour 
that I used OR if I have made a mistake and how to rectify it when doing a bigger painting.
Most of the times it helps.

water colour study works of snow capped mountains by Manju Panchal

Water colour study sketches
of snow covered mountains
as seen in Himachal
and Leh-Ladakh


1 comment:

  1. That is some beautiful work. Depicts the beauty of the landscape very well. Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete