Saturday 30 January 2016

The morning glow - Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary


"A Picture is a poem without words" - Horace

The image as below is of a painting created from a reference photo that I clicked while we 
back. It was early morning and we were in the boat that was quietly moving through the waters
in the marshy wetlands, surrounded by greenery on either sides. The weather was cold, the 
warm sunrays were perforating through the foliage and it was so very quiet. It was a lovely
place to be and is a must visit for all artists and photographers alike.

The national park is a host to more than 366 bird species. It is a major tourist centre and has
been declared a protected sanctuary in 1971. 

Using soft pastels I have tried to capture the morning glow. I have also created yet another soft
pastel painting of a beautiful scene from the same place. Shall be posting it soon.

soft pastel landscape of Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary by Manju Panchal

The Morning Glow
Soft pastel paintiing on Canson ( Black ) paper
Size 6" X 9"

I have submitted this painting in the weekly challenge conducted by DPW.

I have my precious collection of photographs which I have been collecting over a period
of years. Slowly and steadily I am shortlisting them and then as the mood sets in, I paint
them. Some landscapes have been a challenge to paint so they have been
shortlisted long time back but it is now that I am daring to them one by one.

There are a few beautiful forest scenes from Matheran which I plan to do shortly.
One of them in particular has these morning rays hitting only a trunk and part of
foliage in the early morning hours. Rest of the elements in the landscape
are as if in shadow. I took that photograph with the intention of painting 
it one day. I should be painting it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment