Friday 25 December 2015

The sand dunes at the seashore - A water colour painting


I finally started the Florida seashore painitngs in water colour medium after having done the water colour study worksThe study works help me to follow the same technique as I applied while I was doing the small 4"X 5"painting. Most of the times it works.

The first of my Florida beaches is as below. Creating the grasses was a challenge. I used the round brush sideways dragging the colour upwards. The paint that I lifted from the palette was very dry or else it would have smudged a lot. Later I used the pointed brush to create the long blades of grass. I need to work on the sky and a few more elements and will experiment with some new techniques in my next painting. For the water colour painting below I have used Camel artist quality water colour tubes.

water colour painting of a seashore at Florida By Manju Panchal

Sand dunes at the beach
Water colour painting on Indian hand made paper.
Size 6"X 9"

By December end I will have completed two years of blogging and a whole lot of paintings and sketchings. Blogging has got me more focused towards my art. At times I just browse through my older works and it makes me realise how one step at a time I have slowly moved forward.

I have some resolutions lined up for the coming year and will be posting about it soon
If you wish to see my creative side wherein I design some unique ethnic home decor 
products then please visit my blog www.ethnikhomedecor.blogspot.in


No comments:

Post a Comment