Wednesday 14 October 2015

Using Arches 300 gsm rough paper to create a Landscape

The water colour painting of the Landscape as below has been created on a Arches 300 gsm
sample ( Rough ) paper. The paper is just amazing and the wet on wet technique works
great on it. The paper has good water retaining capacity and it remains wet for a
long time allowing for more colours to be added subsequently.

One needs to be quick when doing wet on wet and if the procedure is not planned out earlier in the mind it can lead to disaster. While doing the painting below, I almost lost my patience and technique while doing the mountain slopes and all I could remember at that moment was that the paper had started drying up. Next time I start a water colour painting I will have to paint the painting in my mind before putting it down on the paper.

water colour painting of landscape on Arches paper by Manju Panchal

The Mountain slopes
Water colour painting on Arches paper
Size 6" X 8"

Water colour medium is a great medium to work with. A well planned water colour painting gets done in a very short span of time. It is not the effort but the steps involved which need to be taken care of or else it gets difficult to get the values and details right. 

QUOTE

"PERSEVERANCE IS FAILING NINETEEN TIMES AND SUCCEEDING THE TWENTIETH

BY JULIE ANDREWS."

My aim is to keep painting the subjects I love, to experiment with different mediums and come up with a technique which helps me in creating a piece of art that I have perceived in my mind, to blog about my thoughts and feelings pertaining to art and to share my journey with like minded people.


No comments:

Post a Comment