Monday 15 June 2015

Rocks under the water - a charcoal work

On my recent visit to Lonavala we got an opportunity to visit a small serene lake area in the Naval campus. The evening was setting in and the sunlight pretty low but I was fortunate to get some good pictures of rocks under the water at the shore line using my mobile.

This is one subject which always appeals to me. I used the charcoal medium to create this quick study sketch of the view.

original charcoal sketching of rocks under water by Manju Panchal

Rocks under the water
Charcoal sketching on Canson ca grain paper
Size 6" x 8"

Materials used:
  • Camel charcoal pencil
  • Conte charcoal pencil
  • Kneaded eraser
  • Tortillons or blending tools
  • Canson ca grain paper
I recently came across the water color works of RAMESH JHAWAR and I really loved them. If you are into water colours, you must check out his works on his BLOG. I too want to get into water colours again but a little later.


No comments:

Post a Comment