Saturday 27 June 2015

Creating a forest using willow charcoal and few other pencils

A demo work done during a recent Charcoal painting workshop referring to a photograph by
Vidya Alange Bhandary who writes a beautiful BLOG based on her travel experiences.

I came across Vidya's  site when I was looking for travelogues to Himachal. Vidya has posted
some great photographs on her blog. I have taken her permission to use her photographs for
my reference painting. This particular painting is from Coorg and I immediately felt the
connection as I have been to this beautiful place.

Original charcoal painting of a forest from Coorg by Manju Panchal

Through the forest.
Charcoal sketching on Fabriano Academia paper
Size 5.5" x 7"


Beautiful quote

" Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." Pablo Piccaso

Blogging is in a way like a diary of one's artworks. The day to day painting and learning experiences all get recorded through the postings. If it were not for the blog that I started, I would have perhaps been doing my art but at my own pace and not with great amount of focus. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for mentioning the source. And your charcoal work is beautiful ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. Like I said before, I would love to do more works on Himachal and Coorg but presently Ihave got into Portrait paintings as well. But some day I will do more landscapes referring to your photos which are really good.

    ReplyDelete