Friday 8 May 2015

Trees and shadows from a reference photograph from Perth

This soft pastel painting was an unplanned one. A friend who was on a holiday in Perth and who knows about the subjects that I am always painting, sent me a picture of this scene from a tourist location and it appealed to me a lot. So just took a quick decision to paint it.

Under normal circumstances I take time to decide regarding my subject that I am going to paint.
The idea takes shape in the mind and then passively I start upon a step by step procedure that I would follow to execute the art work. Finally when I am sure about the mental picture that I have developed in my mind then I start off with my thumbnail sketch and then the actual painting.



In the shadows
Soft pastel painting on canson paper
Size 6" x 9"

My paintings can also be viewed on my facebook page www.facebook.com/charcoalspastelsandmore
If you have any inquiry wrt to purchasing my artworks you can write to me at

No comments:

Post a Comment