Thursday 19 February 2015

Upcoming Exhibition at ART PLAZA near Jehangir Art Gallery.

I have a Solo Exhibition coming up in March ie from 9th March to 14th March at ART PLAZA , near JEHANGIR  Art Gallery. Therefore lot of preparation is keeping me busy.

The medium of my artwork for this Exhibition will be "SOFT PASTELS" .I will be posting more details soon.

In the meantime, I have continued with my selection of future painting subjects ie mostly landscapes
and after having shortlisted them, I have created some more thumbnail sketches. Having done this, I decided to pin them all up on the flannel board so that I can finally start taking decisions as to which one to begin with.

Soft pastel thumbnail sketches of different landscapes by Manju Panchal

As I have mentioned earlier, I spend roughly fifteen to twenty minutes on each thumbnail, trying to work out the technique which works best to get all the elements in the painting right. Since I have done the thumbnail sketch of each painting referring to my photograph, painting the actual artwork which will be a much bigger size, will be a little easier.

Presently I am working on two different soft pastel landscapes simultaneously and will post the image as soon as it gets completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment