Thursday 26 February 2015

Shortlisting small artworks for framing.

In the past I did lot of soft pastel landscapes sized 6" X 9" as collectively shown in the image below.
Now I have to take the decision to frame a selected few using an offwhite matt or mountboard around it. All paintings are original and are done using my reference photographs taken on different occasions.

Original soft pastel landscape paintings by Manju Panchal

Soft pastel paintings of Landscapes
All are sized 6" X 9"

Smaller works helped me move faster towards my goal and helped me immensely in my understanding of values, colours, perspective, depth etc. It aided me in overcoming my fear of the "GREENS" as can be seen in any forest with dense foliage. Now I am comfortable doing 
12" X 16", which of course takes a longer duration to complete but I am loving it. It is adding 
to my experience and knowledge.

Rightly said about NATURE

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."

By Henry Thoreau

Inspired by the beauty of nature all around us, I continue to move forward in life painting almost everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment