Friday 13 February 2015

Thumbnail sketches or study works in soft pastel medium.

 "The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection." Michelangelo

 Making a thumbnail sketch helps me plan my procedure better. The steps I follow in creating a small sketch helps me proceed with the painting in a much easier way. It also helps me to improve on my technique and to tackle issues which otherwise would get complicated.

Given below are three different thumbnail sketches from COORG created using the soft pastel medium. I used leftover cutout pieces of Canson Mi Teintes  paper for the same and avoided spending more than fifteen minutes on each of them. When I finally create a bigger piece of art work referring to these sketches, I would be adding more details.

Soft Pastel Thumbnail sketch of a landscape from COORG by Manju Panchal

Soft Pastel Thumbnail sketch of a landscape from COORG by Manju Panchal

Soft Pastel Thumbnail sketch of a landscape from COORG by Manju Panchal

Three thumbnail sketches from COORG photographs
created on 3" X 4" Canson paper using soft pastels

My works can also be browsed at on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK page.

No comments:

Post a Comment