Saturday 13 September 2014

Water colour painting of Kunzum Pass ( Himachal Pradesh )

Kunzum Pass (TibetanKunzum La, (el. 4,590 m or 15,060 ft), is a high mountain pass on the eastern Kunzum Range of the Himalayas some 122 km (76 mi) from Manali. It connects the Kullu Valley and Lahaul Valley with the Spiti Valley of Himachal PradeshIndia. It is on the route to Kaza the subdivisional headquarters of Spiti. There is also a 9 km trek to the Moon Lake of the Chandratal from the Kunzum Pass. ( COURTESY: WIKIPEDIA ) 

I purchased Fabriano cold pressed 300gsm paper some time back and finally used it today for the first time to do a water colour painting of  KUNZUM PASS as shown below. I have created a mini painting from my same reference photo earlier. Everytime I change the paper, it takes a little time to get used to it. This is a 300gsm paper so is quite thick and can soak in a lot of water without buckling.
After a few more paintings I will get the feel of it.


water colour painting of KUNZUM PASS on fabriano cold pressed paper by Manju Panchal

KUNZUM PASS
Water colour painting on Fabriano cold pressed paper

We as a family have already been to Himachal Pradesh on three different occasions and I still feel there is so much to see and explore. During our last trip we had planned to continue our journey to Lahaul district but due to bad weather could not proceed further form KUNZUM PASS. So our next trip to LAHAUL is pending and will happen some day soon. 

Coming week I am having two workshops ie Charcoal as well as Soft Pastels. If you are interested in learning the basics of both these mediums you can register your names by either sending a mail to me at manjupanchal@hotmail.com OR simply calling me at my mob no 9820683983 ( Mumbai )


No comments:

Post a Comment