Saturday 9 August 2014

Charcoal drawing of a landscape using a reference photograph

Charcoal drawing from a reference photograph


Found a photograph in my old collection ( as shown above ) where the road that we were travelling was beautifully lined up on both sides by trees with dense foliage. It was taken during our road trip to Goa. I loved the trees and the road but somehow wanted to change the composition. Hence I decided to do a little editing and covered up the foreground a bit and the sides too ( using opaque paper ). This way I could create a charcoal painting of the landscape with the focus on the road disappearing at the distance and the trees around it.

The final composition and the charcoal painting took shape as shown below. I have once again used Canson C a Grain ( 180gsm ) paper for the same.


The road in shadow
Charcoal painting on canson paper
Size 5" X 7" ( excluding mountboard )

I have plans. To do more landscapes with great number of trees. In fact I even want to do a cityscape soon. Then there is a very long list of " To Do" things. When I get up in the morning I just have one day to myself. I try , making use of every little minute and second, to do at least ONE painting everyday. Sometimes this just ONE painting that I create gives me immense pleasure to keep going the next day.

Thanks for visiting my blog and browsing through my works. 

To browse through my latest artworks you can visit my 
INSTAGRAM feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment