Sunday 1 June 2014

Water colour painting of Leh Ladakh landscape by Manju Panchal

This is my fourth water colour painting in the Leh Ladakh series from a reference photograph.
I selected the photograph because I liked the composition very much but photographs always do not capture
the natural lights and shadows well. The photograph was a bit dull with lots of greys in the foreground.
Hence I added a few colours to add warmth to the painting.

For me it is very important that I do a realistic work. The work when complete should make me feel the atmosphere as the PAINTING is depicting. There should be this " FEEL GOOD " factor. AND most important aspect of my day today painting and drawing experience is that " I LEARN ALMOST EVERYDAY". I learn because I make mistakes and that makes me rethink my strategy to overcome
the problem. It makes me put in more efforts and the efforts always have a positive outcome.

Water colour painting of Leh ladakh mountains on indian hand made paper by Manju Panchal

The Road Ahead
Water Colour painting on Indian Hand made paper
Size 9" X 11" ( Including Mountboard )

No comments:

Post a Comment