Saturday 14 June 2014

My palette for water colour paintings

The Folding Palette 


Years back I had picked up this folding palette which i did not put to use earlier as I had got into charcoals, pastels and other mediums. Hence recently when I began using it I realised how convenient it is. It is made from lightweight plastic, so you can hold it steady for as long as you wish to paint. It has a  hinged thumb hole which is deep enough to hold short-handled brushes and small paint tubes. 

The small rectangular depths are perfect to put in the different colours from tubes. The bigger rectangular depths are perfect for creating the mixed colours that are required.


The palette in folded state


The open palette with colours in it.

Over a period of time I have realised that I use certain mixed colour schemes a lot. So more or less my
each rectangular space is fixed for a particular colour. The violets, the greys, the dark greens and so on.
It saves me a lot of time and once done with the painting, I fold the palette and keep it aside.


No comments:

Post a Comment