Friday 27 June 2014

Looking back - Rural home in water colours by Manju Panchal

Water colour paintings done in the past


Looking back at some of my old water colour paintings, reminded me of the wet on dry technique that
I used to create my water colour works. It was more like layers of glazing done. Both the water colour paintings are done using a reference photograph. 

Even in those days ie about fourteen to fifteen years back I had this strong desire to create wet on wet water colour works but had no idea where to begin with. But now I am doing only wet on wet technique as can be seen in my Leh Ladakh paintings. The pleasure in doing wet on wet is really great but at the same time one needs to be prepared for frequent disappointments which happens when one is not quick to place the right colours at the right places and the values go all wrong. Once done it cannot be easily rectified. Nevertheless it is a great medium and a lovely technique.

water colour paintings of rural homes by Manju Panchal

 Rural Homes
Water colour paintings on acid free paper.

For any inquiries pertaining to sale of my ORIGINAL PAINTINGS or otherwise write to me at
manjupanchal@hotmail.com or call me at 0091-22-9820683983 ( Mumbai - India )


No comments:

Post a Comment