Thursday 15 May 2014

Landscape painting in charcoal by Manju Panchal

Charcoal Painting on FAVINI PAPER ( smooth side )


I am presently in the process of trying out charcoal painting on different papers using new pencils available in the market. Also I am enjoying the landscape works especially using my own reference photographs.

This particular work is done from my MATHERAN trip. Matheran is a beautiful hill station near NERAL. It is a must for nature lovers as the greenary and forest is just amazing. I have tried a little different technique in this work and have not spent more than three hours on it as my basic intention was to see how things work out. I have used CONTE A PARIS charcoal pencil, CHUNKY CHARCOAL from CRETACOLOUR, my blending tools and eraser for the same. 

I have not framed the work but after completing it I love to keep the mount board around it to judge the overall visual effect. I have not added details of each and every leaf but just created a few suggestions with the pencil.


The shadowed path
Charcoal painting on FAVINI paper
Size 9" X 9" ( including mountboard )

No comments:

Post a Comment