Saturday 24 May 2014

Ladakh - water colour painting by Manju Panchal

Water Colour painting of Ladakh Landscape


One of my close friends went to Leh, Ladakh a few years back. So on my recent visits to her place I borrowed a few of her personal photographs so that I could capture the beauty of the magnificent
snow clad mountains in water colour paintings.

This is the first one that I tried and I am glad that I did because it is a little different from my usual 
seascapes. The scenic beauty in the Leh Ladakh region is amazing and I definitely want to travel
there myself one day. I am planning to do more in the series. I used Winsor and Newton water colour
cakes on Indian handmade paper to do this particular painting.


water colour painting of ladakh landscape by manju panchal

Snow clad mountains of Ladakh
Water colour painting on Indian Hand Made paper
Size 11" X 14" ( Including mountboard )


No comments:

Post a Comment