Friday 30 May 2014

Clouds in the sky - a charcoal painting by Manju Panchal

Charcoal Painting - on Fabriano Academia paper


I tried my new charcoal work on FABRIANO ACADEMIA paper, 200 gsm and I found it fairly
good. It has a texture on its surface and the paper is acid free. I used CONTE charcoal pencil,
Chunky charcoal from CRETACOLOUR and my blending tools to complete this art work.

Clouds in itself is a new subject and I never thought of painting it earlier but I wanted to try this one.
This charcoal painting is from my personal collection of photographs which we took during our visit to DALHOUSIE, in HIMACHAL PRADESH. One late evening the sky had gone pretty dark with heavy clouds and then the rays of the sun came strikingly through the space in between and we captured a few photographs.


Charcoal painting of rays of light from clouds by Manju Panchal

Rays of Light
Charcoal Painting on Fabriano paper.
Size 8" X 11" ( Including frame size )


fabriano sketch pad for charcoal painting and graphite sketching

The Image above is of the Fabriano Academia Pad which has about 30 sheets in it.
This book is available at ART STATION which is at Four Bunglows at Andheri West.
These sheets are not only good for Charcoal sketching but I also use them
for my graphite sketching works.



No comments:

Post a Comment