Thursday 13 March 2014

Thumbnail sketches at tea time by Manju Panchal

Thumbnail sketches

Normally during my evening tea time, I get the strong evening sunrays which fall on objects lying around in the kitchen. I make use of this oppourtunity to do a few thumbnail sketches. I have done one in water colour too. I believe that drawing and sketching is the most important exercise in art. the more we draw and sketch the more we understand the forms and shapes of objects around us.


thumbnail sketch of an apple by manju panchal

thumbnail sketch of still life by manju panchal


thumbnail sketch of still life by manju panchal

thumbnail sketch of still life by manju panchal

When I am doing these rough sketches I am not looking for too many details. I just kind of do the basic shapes and observe the values and tones. It is a fun filled experience which of course adds to my knowledge
a big way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment